- 1 1/2 cups melon or honeydew, seeded, peeled, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 lime peels, finely grated
- 4 tbsp lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Serrano chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro or a mixture of fresh mint and basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Keep leftovers covered and chilled for up to one day.
These salsas use fruits, acids, herbs, onions, and chiles. These recipes can easily be altered by the fruit, combinations of citrus (or a bit of vinegar), herb or mixture of herbs, and type of onion or chili.
Recipe source, Discovery Eye Foundation