Pumpkin and Apple Grilled Cheese
Recipes by Anjali Lalani
Total time: 20 minutes
Equipment needed: non-stick pan or panini press
- 8 slices sandwich bread (sourdough or rosemary bread)
- 8 slices vegan cheese
- 2 green apples , thinly sliced
- 3-4 tbsp pumpkin butter , (optional, see notes below)
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pumpkin spice mix
- vegan butter
- Work with two slices of bread at a time.
- Add one slice of cheese to one bread (you may need to cut it in half and arrange depending on the shape and size of your bread slice).
- Top with a drizzle of pumpkin butter (if using), maple syrup, and a few pinches of pumpkin spice mix.
- Layer on the thinly sliced green apples.
- Top with an additional slice of cheese (again, you may need to cut it in half and arrange depending on the shape and size of your bread slice).
- Close the sandwich with your other slice of bread.
- Spread a layer of vegan butter on both sides of the sandwich. Grill both sides on a non-stick pan on medium heat or using a panini press. If you're using a pan, make sure to push down on the sandwich as it's grilling, flipping half way through to grill the other side. When you are done, the cheese inside should be fully melted. Turn down the heat while grilling if you need more time to melt the cheese slices.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread to make 4 sandwiches and serve hot. Store any leftover pumpkin butter in the fridge and enjoy the next day!