Recipe by Sonja Overhiser
Total time: 10 minutes
Equipment needed: food processor
- 1 small garlic clove
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 ½ cups cooked)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel the garlic clove. Place it in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add chickpeas, pumpkin puree, salt, cumin, lemon juice, maple syrup and olive oil. (If desired, add a pinch of cayenne for some spice.) Blend thoroughly to combine. Stores refrigerated for up to 5 days.