Roasted Pumpkin Spaghetti
Recipe by Karuna Kumar
Total time: 65 minutes
Equipment needed: saucepan with handle (tea/sauces), hard anodised kadai (wok)
For the pumpkin sauce
- 2 cups Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin)
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 sprig Basil leaves , roughly torn
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
For the pasta
- 2 cups Spaghetti Pasta , cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese , for garnish
- To begin making the Spaghetti Pasta Recipe In Roasted Pumpkin Sauce, we will first make the sauce for the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté till the onions are soft and tender, add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Next add the diced pumpkin and roast the pumpkin until it is soft and gets a roasted texture.
- Once the pumpkin is roasted, turn off the heat and allow it to cool
- Into a blender, add the roasted pumpkin, tomato puree, cream, salt, pepper. Blend to make a smooth puree.
- Once done, keep the roasted pumpkin pasta sauce aside.
- In a large pot, add water and bring it to a boil. Once the water has boiled, add a teaspoon of salt.
- Add the spaghetti pasta to the boiling water and let it cook in the boiling water until it is al dente. This process should take a good 12-15 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti pasta has cooked till al dente (just cooked), drain the water and run the cooked pasta under running water to stop the cooking process.
- Drizzle some oil on top of spaghetti pasta and make sure to coat all of the pasta with the oil so that the pasta doesn't stick to each other.
- The final step is to bring the roasted pumpkin and the pasta sauce together.
- Heat oil in a pan, chilli flakes, Italian seasoning and the roasted pumpkin sauce.
- Add the spaghetti pasta and toss well till well coated with the roasted pumpkin sauce. Sprinkle grated parmesan and the basil leaves on top and serve hot.
- Serve Spaghetti Pasta Recipe In Roasted Pumpkin Sauce along with Pizza Margherita and a glass of wine for your weekend night dinner with friends or family.