- Coconut Oil for Frying
- 2 Large Zucchinis
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese to serve optional
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely chopped to serve optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- Grate the zucchini - you need 2 cups total
- Sift the coconut flour into the eggs and beat them together until smooth. Mix in the zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan on medium heat and spoon in dollops of the batter. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve warm with cream cheese and chives on top.
Zucchini is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that were found to prevent age-related macular degeneration. The carotenoid Beta-carotene can be converted into vitamin A in the body. The presence of Vitamin A in the squash helps in active cell development in the eyes, which enhances vision and helps in preventing age-related medical conditions affecting the eyes.
Not only are these fritters good for your eyes, they are easy to make with only three ingredients!